Call H.T. Strenger Plumbing - 847-234-9440
Septic System Solutions | Septic Inspection | Holding Tanks | Cleaning and Sewer Laterals
Septic tanks and systems should be regularly maintained & inspected.
H.T. Strenger has been servicing septic systems in Lake County since 1911. Septic systems are designed to treat and dispose of wastewater from homes and businesses in areas where municipal sewer systems are not available. In Lake County, septic systems are regulated by the Lake County Health Department and requir annual inspections.
Maintaining Your Home Septic Drainfield.
Your septic drain field is the final component of your septic system it removes contaminants from the water that comes from your septic tank, and it is a vital component of your household septic system:
Here are some maintenance tips to make sure your septic is working properly.
- Have your septic tank pumped out regularly.
- Avoid flushing these items that can clog your system: paper towels, feminine hygiene products, and other non-biodegradable materials.
- Avoid overloading the system by spreading out laundry and dishwasher loads.
- Don’t park or drive heavy vehicles on the drain field or tank.
- Keeps trees and shrubs at least 30 feet away from the drain field to avoid root intrusion.
- Have your septic system inspected by a licensed professional regularly to identify any potential issues.