Conserve Hot water by using less everyday.
Try using room temperature water for basic grooming and everyday use is a fairly easy change.
The U.S. Department of Energy, your water heater accounts for 17 percent of your energy use, probably the largest user of in-house energy.
Install Water heater insulation
Insulating your hot water tank will result in less energy lost and a lower figure on your electric or gas bill.
Install a heat trap
- A heat trap works to allow cold water to enter the tank, while preventing hot water from getting cold. The device uses convection in order to keep hot water at the top of the tank since heat rises.
More Simple Tips.
- Lower and adjust the heating temperature on your hot water heater to 120 degrees or under.
- Look for Leaks or water around Tank
- Installing low-flow efficiency fixtures – Look for Energy Star Appliances
- Use Less Hot Water – ie: Take Shorter Showers.
- Don’t let water run on and Fix Leaks
- Run Dishwasher less Often – and Wash only full loads, opt for shorter wash cycles